Expressions of Interest from 2018 EduTECH Exhibitors
The NSIP Interoperability Challenge
“Learner Centric Data Management”
The NSIP Interoperability Challenge has become an annual feature of the EduTECH Expo. The Challenge offers an opportunity for solution providers to brief education systems CIOs about their products, focusing in particular on the ways in which products from different suppliers can integrate to deliver better overall solutions for school communities.
The theme of the 2018 Interoperability Challenge is Learner Centric Data Management. The objective is to have you, the system solution provider, identify ways in which critical information about the student could be made available in the context of learning and decision-making to support optimal learning outcomes.
Key characteristics of Learner Centric Data Management are:
- Systems and decisions affecting student’s learning are informed by critical data
- Critical data is exchanged between systems and learning contexts
- Data moves with the learner as they move between education providers
- Learners, teachers and parents have access to:
- a consolidated current view of the student’s progress and needs
- a longitudinal view of a learner’s progress and achievement
- Information from learning experiences outside school is considered in a learner’s needs and progress
- Information available to learners, educators, parents and policy makers based on authoritative classroom data
We want to hear from you:
- How your systems will support learner-centric data management, with a focus on the educational outcomes and support for learners?
- How the use of your products will make reliable, consistent data available (to users and other applications) under the Learning Services Architecture?
- What school or student level improvements your products will achieve through the use of that data?
The successful applicants will give a presentation at EduTECH on Thursday 7 June from 11am – 12pm, (on the main exhibition stage inside the Expo area), to the education CIOs and other delegates at the conference.
Please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 7 May. Further information on the challenge will be circulated after the expressions of interest close.