NSIP Open Source Resources
NSIP has a number of open source offerings, that can be accessed here.
These include the SIF Framework for SIF integration in Java and .NET, the NIAS toolset for processing NAPLAN results, and resources associated with the Australian machine readable national curriculum
sif xml 2 go
sif json 2 xml
NIAS (NSIP Integration As A Service)
- Validate registration records for students enrolling in NAPLAN, to ensure they conform with the data integrity and registration requirements of the NAPLAN activity. (The registration record specification is published by NSIP at https://github.com/nsip/registration-data-set.)
- Process the Results and Reporting Data (RRD) output by the platform, which is published in the SIF-AU data standard. (The RRD format specification is published by NSIP at https://github.com/nsip/naplan-results-reporting.) NIAS is used by TAAs to do the following with the RRD that they receive from the platform:
- Derive writing extract reports for each student’s response to the NAPLAN Writing test, which are circulated for marking to outside markers.
- Sanitise the writing extract, to ensure extraneous copy-pasted HTML does not interfere with the legibility of the writing extracts.
- Output reports in CSV and fixed-column formats from the RRD data, matching the existing reporting and data processing requirements of TAAs
SIF 3 Framework (.NET)
This section contains information on how to comply with intellectual property requirements, metadata advice for publication in the distribution systems and access to the latest technical and educational specifications.